Cosmetics products represent wide variety of substances that can change the look and smell of our bodies. They include: Hair...
Glucose Level Test
Blood glucose testing, also known as blood glucose monitoring, is one of the main tools involved in controlling diabetes. A blood glucose test measures the amount of a sugar called glucose in a sample of your blood.
The test may be done in the following ways:
- After you have not eaten anything for at least 8 hours (fasting)
- At any time of the day (random)
- Two hours after you drink a certain amount of glucose (oral glucose tolerance test)
How often do you need to do blood tests?
- How often you should test your blood glucose can vary depending on your type of diabetes.
- People with type 1 diabetes should test at least 4 times per day including before each meal and before bed.
- People with type 1 diabetes should also be supported by their GP to test up to 10 times a day (and more often in some cases) if factors apply such as taking part in sport, to ensure safe driving and if you have impaired hypo awareness.
- People with other types of diabetes on hypo-causing medication should test their blood glucose levels at least once a day. Aim to test at different times of the day to discover whether blood glucose levels are going too low (or too high) at certain times of day. This will help you to take steps to prevent low or high results from happening and this can be done with help from your doctor.
At Harb Pharmacy we provide Blood Glucose Level Test and we also sell glucose testing machines.