Blood glucose testing, also known as blood glucose monitoring, is one of the main tools involved in controlling diabetes. A...
Glucose Tolerance Test
An oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) shows how well your body handles sugar from foods. It can tell whether you are at risk for diabetes or if you already have it.
When Do You Need the Test?
You might need an oral glucose tolerance test if you:
- Are overweight or obese
- Have a close family member with diabetes
- Have high blood pressure
- Have high triglycerides (a type of fat in your blood)
- Have polycystic ovarian syndrome (which causes menstrual problems)
- Delivered a baby who weighed more than 4 kg
- Had gestational diabetes during a past pregnancy
At Harb Pharmacy we provide glucose tolerance test, which can be performed easily whenever you want.